Main: (626) 585-5663
Fax: (626) 239-3630
- State Bar of California, admitted in 2010
- American Health Law Association
- California Society of Healthcare Attorneys
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Health Law section
- Pasadena Bar Association
- Los Angeles Lawyer Magazine, Editorial Board, 2022
David A. Rawi
David Rawi is a healthcare and business lawyer with over 10 years of experience litigating cases in state and federal courts throughout the country and serving as local and national litigation counsel for Fortune 100 and Fortune 200 companies.
Mr. Rawi currently focuses his practice on consulting individual business owners and healthcare providers, medical groups, independent physician associations, surgery centers, and related entities at all stages of the business cycle, including corporate structuring, business valuations, contracts, vendor and health plan disputes, billing, coding, and reimbursement, partnership issues, shareholder rights, corporate dissolution, practice and surgery center sales, and shareholder estates.
Mr. Rawi has structured and negotiated employment and independent contractor agreements, professional services agreements, medical director agreements, advanced practice collaborative agreements, shareholder agreements, stock purchase agreements, asset purchase agreements, partnership agreements, and corporate formation and dissolution resolutions. He has also pursued and defended insurer appeals and recoupment claims, management company fiduciary duty violations, partner and shareholder buy-outs, physician assistant and nurse ownership disputes, and health plan indemnification claims.
Mr. Rawi has a keen sense for strategic positioning on behalf of health care providers. In addition to his current focus on business related issues, he has extensive experience defending providers in all phases of professional malpractice claims and has represented physicians in medical staff disputes.
Prior to graduating law school, Mr. Rawi clerked for the U.S. Department of Health and Human
Services out of Washington, D.C. and the California Medical Association in Sacramento. While at UCLA, he interned as a legislative aid for the Los Angeles County Medical Association.
Mr. Rawi was a litigation attorney for several years in the Los Angeles office of a top ranked Global 200 law firm in a department that was named a “Litigation Powerhouse” in “one of the most competitive sectors” by BTI Consulting Group’s Litigation Outlook. In 2021, Mr. Rawi was recognized by Best of the Bar for obtaining a bench-trial award ranked a Top 100 Verdict in California.
Mr. Rawi holds a law degree with a certificate of concentration in Healthcare Law from Michigan State University, College of Law, where he was a member of the International Arbitration Moot Court Team and served as the Vice President of the Medical Legal Society for consecutive years. He also holds a Bachelor degree from University of California, Los Angeles, where he studied Economics and English and graduated in 2006.
- “Top Lawyers” Award by Pasadena Magazine, 2021 and 2022
- “Top 100 Verdict” Award in California by Best of the Bar, 2021
- “Top 10 Bench Awards” in California by TopVerdict, 2021
- Panel Speaker, Hello From the Other Side: What Litigators and Transactional Attorneys Wished the Other Knew, Healthcare Law Section of Los Angeles County Bar Association, April 9, 2019
- Lead Author, Sargon Update: Reforming the CA Standard of Expert Testimony, LJN’s Product Liability & Strategy, Vol. 34, No. 1, July 2015.
- Contributor, “California Premises Liability,” The Recorder, 2015.